Features of the Masimo Rad-97
- The customizable display allows for the user to quickly gather all of the important information in a single glance. The screen can be customized to show real-time measurements that are pertinent to the caregiver.
- The machine is configurable for all different facets of people, it has built-in pediatric and neonatal modes.
- Several connectivity options for the Rad-97 which include LAN, Patient SafetyNet, or Iris Gateway.
- The upgrade to Rainbow technology enables places of care to be more efficient, they eliminate the need for multiple pieces of equipment.
- Integrated NiBP port allows direct connectivity to the unit, making the measurement of NiBP much easier, and more convenient to have around especially with a roll cart.
- This unit has extremely customizable scheduling options which allows for measurements to be taken at the physicians discretion.
Rad-97 combines its portable, compact form factor with a high-resolution, multi-touch color display that allows clinicians to easily customize the device for each monitoring use case — bringing rainbow SET™ measurements to care areas where a small footprint or high portability is desired. Users can also rapidly configure the device to accommodate different patient populations using customizable profiles. A rechargeable battery lasting approximately four hours allows Rad-97 to be used in situations where extended operation without access to AC power is needed.
Rad-97 features built-in enterprise WiFi capability, allowing it to connect wirelessly to supplemental patient monitoring systems including Masimo Patient SafetyNet™*, facilitating automatic data transfer to hospital electronic medical record (EMR) systems. The easy-to-use, intuitive interface helps to simplify charting workflows for vital sign monitoring and patient data capture. Rad-97 is also compatible with existing nurse call systems. Data from extended monitoring sessions, such as sleep studies, can be rapidly downloaded via USB, Ethernet, or WiFi.
Rad-97 also supports point-to-point Bluetooth® wireless connections with compatible devices, such as thermometers, glucometers, and weight scales, allowing patient data to be seamlessly transferred to Rad-97 and connected upstream systems. Rad-97 will also be available with an optional camera that will provide a high-resolution video feed, as well as audio, to the Patient SafetyNet view-station. The camera-equipped Rad-97 will allow patients and clinicians to communicate remotely with compatible Patient SafetyNet software, making it well-suited as a point-of-care device for telehealth.
Rad-97 with capnography features an integrated ISA™ CO2 module with NomoLine sampling lines for sidestream capnography, with an adapter for intubated patients — meeting continuous monitoring and capnography needs in a single device. Rad-97 with capnography displays continuous end-tidal carbon dioxide (EtCO2) monitoring with numeric, trend, and waveform viewing options, as well as fractional concentration of inspired carbon dioxide (FiCO2) and respiration rate. NomoLine capnography reduces delays in respiration rate measurement in both low and high ranges, accurately measures respiration rate, and reduces the incidence of filter line occlusions, as a result of NomoLine moisture wicking technology.
With Rad-97 NIBP, oscillometric blood pressure is available in three NIBP measurement modes: spot-check, automatic interval (which measures blood pressure routinely, at a desired interval), and stat interval (which continually measures blood pressure for a desired duration). An integrated port allows clinicians to connect a blood pressure cuff inflation hose directly to Rad-97; the port is compatible with both disposable and reusable cuffs, for adult, pediatric, and neonatal patients