The rugged Physio-Control LIFEPAK 500 Biphasic AED is one of the most popular and most deployed AEDs ever made! Hundreds of thousands of these devices are in use all over the world. Physio-Control and LIFEPAK are legacy names in emergency defibrillation.
Owning a LIFEPAK 500 AED puts you in great company with the other tens of thousands of owners of this device. They’ve trusted Physio-Control for years. Most EMS agencies in the United States rely on Physio-Control for pre-hospital defibrillation equipment. Small businesses to large corporations use LIFEPAK as well.
The features and configurability of the LIFEPAK 500 make it user-friendly. Its technology makes it a proven life-saver. Like all AEDs, this one talks you through the rescue. But that’s just the start. It also has an LCD display so you can read the instructional text prompts if background noise prevents you from hearing them.
The device uses Physio-Control’s escalating biphasic electrical waveform. This means the AED will escalate its energy output if the patient’s situation demands it. (All LIFEPAK AEDs have this feature.) The AED tests itself regularly and the readiness indicator displays the machine’s status. You don’t have to turn the AED “on” or do anything else to know if it’s ready-to-use.
The LIFEPAK 500 Biphasic AED Defibrillator gives you choices in configurations to help make a future rescue easy:
- Depending on the method of CPR you’ve been taught, you can program the device to prompt for pulse checks.
- You can change the timing of CPR interval in case the “rules” of CPR ever change in the future.
- You can program an instruction to perform CPR while the AED is charging!
- Medical professionals can activate an asystole detector, too.
- Electronically assign a unique device ID to the LIFEPAK 500 so you won’t have to put labels, stickers, or magic marker identifiers on your AED.
You can do all of this without the need to buy reconfiguration software packages or computer peripherals. The only optional software you may want to consider is to download post-event patient data from the device if needed.
This device is also pediatric capable with the use of optional pediatric electrodes. Available for quick shipment from MME today!
Alternate Part Number(s): 99401-001083, 30117901129, 99401-001085, 99401-001087, 99401-001089