Vyaire – Edith HME’s – AirLife™ Edith heat and moisture exchangers (HMEs) meet the requirements for adult and pediatric patients in the OR, ICU and other respiratory care environments. The Edith Trach was specially designed to support tracheostomized patients, allowing spontaneously breathing patients to benefit from heat and moisture conservation.
Vyaire – Edith HME’s conserve a patient’s heat and moisture by capturing the heat and moisture from a patient’s expired breath and then release it into the next inspired breath. HMEs thereby help create normal conditions in patient airways and lungs, reducing the risk of breathing complications.
MME’s main goal is to make life saving medical equipment available to you! If you have a question beyond Edith HME’s, give us a call at 866-837-7131 and our customer service experts would be happy to assist you!
More on the Edith HME’s:
- Minimal and stable moisture loss over time, helping ensure that patients conserve adequate heat and moisture
- Low breathing resistance, reducing work of breathing for the patient
- Low weight, adding to patient comfort and safety
- Low dead space, helping ensure adequate patient ventilation
- Latex-free materials, offering safer use with all patients
- Transparent housing, helping to determine when to replace the HME
- Design compliant with ISO standards, standardizing connector sizing